Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Picasa Tip: Web Albums default settings

When you upload photos to a Picasa Web Album, there are a few options you want to set. I always make my albums 'Public' as opposed to Unlisted and I choose Medium size so I can store more photos in my web albums.

webalbums-options1

At first, I was making these selections every time I uploaded, because the default settings were Large Size and Unlisted Album. Then, I found the place to change the default!

The term 'default', in case you're not familiar, means the automatic setting. The default is what's going to happen if you do nothing.

To set the default settings for Web Albums, click on the Tools menu and Options, then the Web Albums tab. You can change any setting you like. My personal preference is for pictures to be uploaded in the medium size, make the albums public, and add a copyright notice to every photo. Once I make the selections below, and click OK, my defaults have been changed. Now, when I'm ready to upload photos to a web album, I don't have to pay attention to the options - I know they're already set the way I want! I just click 'Upload' and then 'OK.'

webalbums-options2

If you have already uploaded a Web Album and then realize that no-one can see it because it is set to Unlisted, you can change that on the web by clicking on the Edit drop-down button at the top of the album. On that menu is an option for Album properties. Scroll down to the bottom of the properties box, and you'll see the place to select 'Public.'

Lots of new Picasa 3 tutorial videos are now online! Just go visit the Geeks On Tour Classroom ... Picasa page and you'll have your choice of

  1. Picasa 3: Overview (Free)

  2. Install Picasa 3 (Free)

  3. First time using Picasa 3 (Members Only)

  4. Folders (Members Only)

  5. Orientation to the Library Screen (Free)

  6. Adding Text to Photos (Members Only)

  7. Tree Folder View (Members Only)

  8. Move Folders to External Hard Drive (Members Only)

  9. Make a movie from photos (Members Only)

  10. Viewing and Sharing Video files (Members Only)

  11. Individual Photo View (Free)

  12. Search for pictures (Members Only)

  13. Selecting Pictures (Members Only)

  14. Starrred Photos (Members Only)

  15. Importing from Camera (Members Only)


Plus the 25 videos on Picasa 2 are still valid for Picasa 3. Most features still work the same, the screen may look a little different, and there are more features now.

Please Join 'GOT Class' - that's the Geeks On Tour online classroom, so you can watch all the videos. A gift membership makes a great present too!.

No comments:

Post a Comment