Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Picasa Tip: Outdoor-Indoor Collage

When you think of a collage, most people think of a bunch of photos strewn about on a page. I want to use Picasa's background feature to make you think of other ideas. Here's a collage I did of our motorhome. Click on it for a larger version - then click your Back button to return.
200809

Seems to me this would be great for pictures of a house for sale - as one example. So, how did I do it? First, you select the two pictures, then click on the collage button at the bottom. Choose Picture Pile as the top level setting. Under Background options, select Use Image. You can also use the tabs above the collage itself to select an image and Set As Background.
collage

Now, you probably have the background photo also in the foreground. Just select it and click on the Remove button at the top. The remaining image looks best, I think, with a white border to set it apart. Just click on it and click the Picture border option in the middle.

You're done, Create your collage.
This tip brought to you by Geeks on Tour

Geeks on Tour is a membership website with hundreds of Tutorial Videos on topics of interest to travelers, such as managing digital photos with Picasa, Route-Planning with Streets and Trips, and sharing your travels with a website using Blogger or with friends on Facebook. You can subscribe to our free e-newsletters, or become a paid member and be able to view all of the videos in the Learning Library.

Members may want to view the following tutorial videos.  Not a member?  Join now.

 

4 comments:

  1. I love all these ideas! Another great one. Thanks so much. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris, for this new idea. I had to go back to the old video on How To Collage - I haven't been using this enough... But, of course, your explanations made it all work. I had a difficult time finding the draft collages - mine were filed under "Picasa" not in any of my photo folders. Makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am posting picture on an a amateur photographers website called woophy using some of the new "tricks" I learned here.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Neat post. There's an issue with your site in web explorer, would test this?IE still is the market chief and a good element of folks will miss your fantastic writing due to this problem.

    ReplyDelete