Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Picasa Tip: Search by Color

Maybe you need a nice flower, or scenic photo with lots of yellow to print on a birthday card. Or maybe you're looking for that great photo of Aunt Louise when she was wearing the bright purple dress.  Or, you're looking for that RED sunset that you took before you started using captions for identification?

Just click in the search box and type
color: red

search-red

When I search for Red, I get some flowers.  I also get a red car, red lobster, and red tshirt.  I don't know exactly how it does it, but you can see where it gets its color information by looking at the histogram.  That's the little multicolored propeller cap button in the lower right when a picture is being viewed in single-picture view.
histogram

I don't need this feature often, but it sure is cool when I do!  If you'd like to learn a bit more about histograms - a good starting point is this About.com article on Histograms.
This tip brought to you by Geeks on Tour

Geeks on Tour is a membership website with hundreds of Tutorial Videos on topics of interest to travelers, such as managing digital photos with Picasa, Route-Planning with Streets and Trips, and sharing your travels with a website using Blogger or with friends on Facebook. You can subscribe to our free e-newsletters, or become a paid member and be able to view all of the videos in the Learning Library.

 

Members may want to view the following tutorial videos.  Not a member?  Join now.

 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for color tip - your lobster is bigger than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for all your tips, you are teaching me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris,

    I have a question? I started a blog on blogspot.com I have added more than 200 items. Now I can only get to one page that I did a long time ago. I have added other entries, I can't see them when I click on the website, I can only see them from the "Post" part of the blogger, It is updated with what I put in, I just can't see the entries. Everyone else can see them, is it something I might have done to my computer, I just don't understand.

    Thanks, Donna

    ReplyDelete