Friday, January 22, 2010

Taking Video with your Laptop’s Camera

This week's tip is way cool!  And, it’s so easy. We have so much capability in our laptop computers these days - like that little video camera built right in to the lid. You should see it staring at you when you're using your computer.

webcam

But ... how do you use it? Picasa makes it OH-SO-EASY, just click one button and you can start talking into the camera. Click another button to stop it, then a third to upload it to youtube. Watch the free 2 minute video below to see exactly how its done.


This tip brought to you by Geeks on Tour

Geeks on Tour is a membership website with hundreds of Tutorial Videos on topics of interest to travelers, such as managing digital photos with Picasa, Route-Planning with Streets and Trips, and sharing your travels with a website using Blogger or with friends on Facebook. You can subscribe to our free e-newsletters, or become a paid member and be able to view all of the videos in the Learning Library.

Members may want to view the following tutorial videos.  Not a member?  Join now.

 

Need to learn the basics?  Check out our ‘Beginner’s Guide to Picasa’ complete with  show-me videos.

10 comments:

  1. Chris, this is a great one! Would never have guess that it was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the Beginers Guide to Picasa cover the newest edition of Picasa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, The Beginners Guide covers 3.5-6

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ran across your tutorial on webcams and Picasa. I am using a Mac Book Pro, 10.6.8 and I don't see the webcam icon on Picasa. Does Picasa recognize built in webcams or is this a Mac issue.
    My webcam is functioning with Youtube and Photo Booth.
    Any ideas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't see why it wouldn't work on a Mac, but I don't have one available to test. Do you have the latest version of Picasa?

    ReplyDelete
  6. well... i din't have a laptop,its a netbook will it work on my netbook to record direct from my pc..
    any sugesstions plz...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks chris ...your suggestion helped me lot..i love you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why can't I upload my video to Youtube? You have recommended Youtube upload, but I don't. I don't have Windows 7. Can that be the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Gaming Laptop UAE

    ReplyDelete